Monday, September 26, 2011

Lost my mojo

I have officially lost my crafting mojo.  Having worked 4 out of the last 5 days at my real job, I have had little time to do any crafting...dealing with 2 little ones after coming home from work doesn't leave you with much energy!  What little energy I have had has been devoted to a few horrible attempts at creating- a crochet beanie that turned out to be the size of my daughters doll for instance.  It was intended for my 2 year old- yikes.  Looks like baby "elise" (the doll) will be getting a nice xmas present this year.  ha ha.  Two attempts at following an awesome sew along hosted at Craftiness is not optional resulted in improper cuts of fabric- discovered after the shirt was about 4 inches too short- yikes.  I need to be more patient.  While I am tempted to toss all of this rather than take my seam ripper and fix my mistakes, I will gently put these aside and step away!  No pictures of these disasters that is for sure...

I need a break. 
I will assume my ineptness is due to exhaustion not a permanent loss of my skills?  Does this happen?  Mistake after mistake...I need a breather to recollect my thoughts.  Or, maybe just a nap?

One plus is that I have a few great ideas for the upcoming cold temps...and some great wool finds at the thrift store that I am hoping to transform into some cold weather accessories...to come soon!  Hopefully the next two days off will be good for me- ahh, a breather.

No comments:

Post a Comment